Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's 2008!!

I really have high hopes for this year. this is going to be a very good year, so help me god. or whoever's out there....

last year undoubtedly sucked, as i mentioned before and shall not dwell upon anymore, despite the several really good things that happened. but i swear nothing bad will happen in 2008. i am going to work harder to make it so. that means i will be more careful, more thoughful, more diligent, more honest, more disciplined, more inquisitive, more aware, and put my health at the upmost priority. i have made a few subtle changes recently that i think will carry over to make 2008 a better year. i am really putting into effect some eco-conscious rituals at my house. i am using better products, learning more and more about living a greener life. i am going to take up gardening more often and learn how to grow things (first i need some sunlight which means i need to cut down some trees!!) and how to store them. i have been cooking more, broadening my repitoire of recipes and experimenting (successfully!!) with my own concoctions.

by the way, I AM DONE ENTERING MY IDP CREDITS!!!!! jeez, that was a pain in the ASS. now all i have left to do is mail off the packet to my old supervisor an he then signs off and mails it out to ncarb. after tallying up all my credits so far i have burned through 487.71 with 212.79 to go. holy sheet. that means i can probably start testing by fall. i need to be leed certified by then or else i will never do it. i hate tests!!!!

for new years, i got johnny and i tickets to see a stand-up comedian. it was my first comedy show so i didn't know what to really expect, but it was actually really good. the comedian's name was tom simmons. johnny and i ate not the most stellar food so next time we will eat beforehand. then we went home and i played final fantasy until about 15 minutes before midnight then we watched the ball drop on times square. man, dick clark is OLD. i thought the man was dead but he still looks the same, even though he sounds like he's 100. anyways, right after that i played more final fantasy then went to bed.

we had a pretty relaxing holiday, did some thorough cleaning and a little organizing. i am going to switch my office with the guest room and we are going to have a huge garage sale to get rid of a bunch of crap. 2008 is about being happy, healthy and content. we don't need so much crap and i refuse to just buy everything retail. i shop craigslist.

oh, and i almost forgot. i planned on getting pregnant fall 2008. we shall see how that goes. if i still like johnny by then maybe we'll hook up.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for finishing your data entry! I'm with you on getting rid of stuff and doing less retail shopping (both of which I started last year and will keep doing). I somehow developed an aversion to going to stores (I get sick just looking at all the EXCESS things on the shelves that will never be sold) so it's easy for me not to shop but sometimes that means not wanting to go to the grocery store... Here's to LESS IS MORE!

Contact FindMePlants to add this Plant Finder to your website for free!